[RT] EXTRODINARY OPPORTUNITY?

The following message was sent to the participants of my Timing Service and may be of interest to the group.

EXTRAORDINARY OPPORTUNITY OR TREMENDOUS BEAR TRAP?

As a result of an analysis of last week's market action, the Pivot Trading Methodology identifies an extraordinary opportunity on the long side. Analysis of weekly data resulted in:
(1)     All stock indexes showing BUY signals
(2)    18 0f 30 DOW stocks with BUY signals.
(3)     A large number of ETF's representing broad areas of the market with BUY signals
(40     A disproportionate number of SELL signals.

Is the BEAR market over? - perhaps not. Monthly analysis shows the potential for lower lows however, the last time this type of signal came for the stock indexes was 8/17/07 followed by 11 weeks of upward movement.
The volatility and large ranges of the past two weeks makes for very risky weekly trades so those with a longer view may want to focus on those stocks identified  with DAILY and WEEKLY BUY signals.
Last weeks DAILY performance was exceptional with 54 winning long trades on Wednesday and Thursday before a loss on Friday. Next week's news impulses should cause continued high volatility but if we get past Monday ( a Near Impulse day) without a confirmed reversal, I expect the upward bias to continue for the week.

Jim White
Pivot Research & Trading Co.
PivotTrader.com