[RT] Bank problem

  • To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
  • Subject: [RT] Bank problem
  • From: "Ira" <mr.ira@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 17:04:17 -0800

To add to the current banking problems Hugo Chavez of Venezuela is lobbying for Latin American companies to withdraw their funds from U.S. banks before they collapse.  This is not a good sign because of the current situation where many big banks could be close to bankruptcy or lacking sufficient reserves to continue lending.  I would not be surprised to see some big problems arise in the near future.  There seems to be technical indications that there could be a rally in the next couple of days.  I have upside pressure being applied to the daily Dow chart.  I would look at an option strategy to take care of the volatility risk or use volatility spreads that would be profitable no matter what the direction.

The volatility in the marketplace is creating great risk as well as great opportunity for traders.  The buy and hold strategy will once again be tested.  The question to ask yourself is whether the dollar is a great buy in here or has it got a way to before it finds support?  It has been in an up move the past several days.  Will gold go over the $1000 per ounce level?  There are certain conditions that say it could as it is only currency that isn't fiat?  The Swissy is partly backed by gold.

I have done some work on the bonds (USH8) the industrial average (INDU) and crude (CLH8) which you can check on.