From: Code 2
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:36 AM
Subject: Re[2]: [RT] Inflation

I would appreciate if Tim, Ira, Jim and the others here could shed
some light on the Fed's liquidity auctions -- most recently $30
billion in funds at below-market interest rates.

It sounds like the Fed's traditional open market operations are not
working like they used to to add liquidity. The latest chart of M3
I've seen seems to show the year-over-year percentage change in money
supply peaked in late 2007 and turning down slightly.

The more the people in power tell us that the credit markets are fine
and the crisis is abating, the more concerned I get.