Re: Fwd: Re: [RT] SOLF

When it hit 30.00 this morning, I sold it all.

Bob

At 08:57 AM 1/9/2008, you wrote:
You guys are sounding a little crazy  :)   I like this group.  I think there's different voices/feelings that are difficult to separate under stress, like instinct and intuition.  Instinct can be fear of the unknown, which is natural and just the way it goes, I want solid setups but waiting for the outcome to become obvious is missing opportunity.  Then there's intuition, not a magical knowing the unknown but experience.  With experience the mind trains to pattern recognition quite beyond what the cognitive can readily explain.  Anyway, what I wanted to suggest is check out the article; This is your brain on Trading.
http://www.thetradingdoctor.com/pdf/ThisIsYourBrainOnTrading.pdf

Mike-pdt

Well Don, I can only speak for myself but I can't trigger my intuitions.  It would be great if one could do that but in my case, I'll be ready to place an order after much research.  I'll have the order entered and only need hit "send" and my finger poises over the button .. it is at times like this that I just have a sense it's a bad decision.  There is no logic behind that thought.  No fundamental or technical reason to not hit that button.  I've done my research completely and my common sense says "go" .. the trouble is, that voice .. it halts my finger in mid-air and I normally just drop the buy, sell, cover, etc.

The other manner in which it manifests itself is I'll be watching the market indices and screens full of symbols when all at once, I sense the market is about to set sail higher or that the bottom is about to fall out.  Nothing that can be seen on the screens say that.... but the voice .. I've either been at this too long or I'm just getting good at it .. I'll have to ask the voice

Bob