RE: [RT]

I too have cable internet and while it is superior to dsl in terms of speed when usage is low, once the kids are home from school or it's summer vacation, cable can be slowed dramatically where dsl is not affected by use since you are the only person on that line. Bob At 06:24 PM 11/5/2001 -0500, you wrote: I love cable. Have had for almost 2 yrs w/ little or no problem. One note at first I tried a proxy server and had nothing but prob. then switched to a router and have had no prob. One big advanage of cable is that it is always on so it is very easy to just jump on without logging in ect. It is also more stable then dsl in my area -----Original Message----- From: p [mailto:rhodes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 9:19 PM To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [RT]   Was wondering.  What does direcpc cost per month and do you like service?  Also does anyone know of a site that compares fairly cable to satellite internet?   I now use phone lines but I am thinking of getting cable or satellite internet service.   Any info on the pros and cons of each would be helpfull. Thanks, At 03:56 PM 11/5/01 -0600, you wrote: > >That's a good point. I get internet thru direcpc, and get no pings back for >the nodes in between, I just get the last server. Does anyone know if there >is a fix for getting the ping data back thru the dpc proxy? > > > > >> If you are using the internet for quotes, you should have a tool like Ping >> Plotter > > >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: >realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.