Re: [RT] RT:ODDBALL/using options for overnight positions

From: "profitok" <profitok@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 10:34 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] RT:ODDBALL/using options for overnight positions

> Hello
> I have tried  that in the past
> buying 4 in the money calls for SP and NASDAQ
> however
> when you sell  a call that was 5  which is now   23 bid  25 ask  is  a
loss
> of  2 points times 4 options which is 8 points
> anotherwords   expensive price calls  are NOT  liquid
> regards
> Ben,

  If you can't get out of a deep in the money call for a reasonable amount,
short the underlying. You can then, at your convenience, either unwind the
resulting spread,
wait for the market to make a big reverse and make more money, or if all
else fails, exercise your calls to make it all go away.  The difference is
that this way you don't incur extra expenses until toward the end and then
only if needed. The way you did it, you pay upfront and commit to pay more.

Cheers,

Norman

SP
> > AND
> > > 4 BIG NASDAQ,, (WHEN SP TRADED 1055-1065)
> > > AND NASDAQ  AT    1360-1370,,)
> > > AND  immediately  ALSO BOUGHT   4 SP NOV  1050 PUTS AND NOV  1350  PUT
> ON
> > > NASDAQ,,
> > > WHEN I HAD  20 POINTS PROFIT ON SP500  I SOLD  BOTH THE PUTS AND
> FUTURES
> > > SAME WITH ND01Z  SOLD AT 40 POINT PROFIT  AND SOLD PUTS TOO
> > > THE LOSS ON THE  PUTS WAS  OVER  $5000 but you can figure my net in 2
> days
> > > and the beauty is
> > > when  it goes against you  your max loss is only  5 points per
> contract,,
> > > EVEN  sleep good at night,, because  you know the most you can loose
is
> > ,,,

Commissions