From: "Ira Tunik" <irat@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: [RT] Options as an Indicator

> this early exercise, rollover, or closing of positions prior to Friday
started to happen several years ago when the SEC called the CBOE and
> other options floors as well as large traders to task for the extreme
volatility that occurred on option expiration Fridays. The public
> appeared to be outraged. Or so the SEC stated.  To avoid this the large
traders in options saw fit to close their positions early to avoid any
> punitive action by the SEC.  That is my understanding of the situation.
After that the big volatility and volume day turned out to be
> Wednesday.  At times it would end up being Tuesday and sometimes Thursday,
but most often Wednesday.  If there is a reason for it being