class=640154302-13102001>interesting tell us more

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: BobR
  [mailto:bobrabcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 9:17
  PMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [RT]
  [Bobr] sp500/nasdaqI was hoping someone would
  enlighten me on the difference.  After a longrunup from the September
  lows it would not be unusual to see someprofittaking in the form of the
  10/4 and 10/11 profiles.  In the short run Ibelieve this weeks
  pattern was short covering and distribution, but this isonly a short term
  view and in the long term no doubt there is
  someaccumulation.    The daily profiles this week are
  classic market profiles.A short covering auction bar is a long one with a
  clump of prices at thetop.  A distribution pattern is like the one on
  Thursday with a narrow rangeand symmetrical profile.  Friday has a
  double profile in the upper and lowerportions of the bar.  Note the
  upper "distribution" looks like the one onThursday but at a lower price
  centroid.bobr----- Original Message -----From: "Terry B.
  Rhodes" <trhodes3@xxxxxxxxx>To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 5:48
  PMSubject: Re: [RT] [Bobr] sp500/nasdaq>>
  ----- Original Message ----->   From:
  BobR>   To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 11:00 AM> Hi,>> I agree
  with your analysis RE short covering and consolidation,> but believe we
  are seeing accumulation, not distribution.> Experience leads me to
  believe proper identification of one or> the other is very difficult
  but is the key to successful trading.>> Could you please
  elaborate on how you differentiate accumulation> from distribution? I
  am certainly no expert here.>> regards,>>
  tbr>>>>   Subject: Re: [RT]
  sp500/nasdaq>  ----- Original Message -----> >
  From: BobR> >  To:
  realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001
  11:00 AM>   Subject: Re: [RT] sp500/nasdaq>>
  > Looking back over the last 7 trading days shows this pattern,
  short> covering, distribution, 3 days of consolidation, short
  covering,> distribution.  Correct me if I have the definitions
  wrong.  In> market profile> theory, a distribution occurs
  when prices have a tight> symmetrical pattern> following a run
  up like Thursday and Wednesday and previously on> 10/3 and>
  10/4.  A consolidation implies a pullback after a runup as on the>
  5th, 8th,> 9th.  If Thursday was infact a distribution, then
  Friday and ???> would have> consolidation,
  perhaps.>>   bobr>>

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor