  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 12:27
  PM
  Subject: Re: [RT] NASDAQ-100
  Now then, what would be the best way to combine these 6
  into a custom index?----- Original Message -----From: "Stan
  Book" <sbook@xxxxxxxxxxx>To:
  <<A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent:
  Thursday, October 04, 2001 9:45 AMSubject: RE: [RT]
  NASDAQ-100> Thanks to Don for the link to weighting
  factors.>> Looks like six stocks account for more than 1/3 of
  the index (34.33%).> 12.22 - MSFT +* 63**> 5.87 - INTC +
  59> 4.82 - QCOM + 55> 4.28 - CSCO + 42> 3.72 - ORCL +
  30> 3.42 - AMGN + 64>> * divergence of Cumulative Net
  Volume from price: + is positive divergence> and - is negative.>
  ** number of days out of the last 100 market days that the 21 day EMA
  ofNet> Effective Volume has been positive. In theory, this is a
  measure of "smart> money" accumulation. Over time, the highest ranked
  stocks outperform the> lowest ranked stocks.>>
  Stan>>>> -----Original Message-----> From:
  BobR [mailto:bobrabcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]> Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001
  7:33 AM> To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [RT]
  NASDAQ-100>>> That is a very interesting post,
  Stan.  Do you know which of the NDXstocks> are the most
  influential in the index movement, perhaps the top 6 or so?> Can you
  make a hierachy screening of the components of the index from most>
  influential to least?>> thanks,> bobr>>
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001
  9:37 PM> Subject: [RT] NASDAQ-100>>> > Just
  scanned the NASDAQ-100 stocks. There are many more examples of>
  positive> > than negative accumulation line divergence's. This
  suggests an> intermediate> > term bottoming process may have
  begun.> >> > In terms of cycles, we are within the time
  frame of a 3,6 & 9 month low> (the> > corresponding 12
  month low was overwhelmed). We also have reasonable> > symmetry with
  the October 1998 low. No guarantees, of course.> >> >
  While short sell candidates are few and far between, a good rally
  could> > change that. The best short candidate I find is BBBY. The
  stock isbumping> > up against potential resistance with evidence
  of distribution. This is> often> > a low risk short sell
  setup.> >> > Especially for NW is bottom fishing
  candidate, LLTC. This stock has gone> to> > new lows with
  evidence of accumulation which suggests a potential trend> > change.
  LLTV has the largest divergence of price to accumulation line of>
  all> > NASDAQ-100 stocks. I would be happy with a rally followed by
  a pullbackto> a> > double bottom with evidence of
  continued accumulation. This wouldnormally> > present a low risk
  intermediate term buy set up.> >> > Other NASDAQ-100
  stocks that show strong accumulation are:> > BGEN - higher 10 week
  low> > CEFT - higher 6 & 9 month low> > IMNX - 6 month
  high> > MEDI - 6 month double bottom (slightly higher low)>
  >> > NASDAQ-100 stocks that show strong distribution have lost
  more than 90%of> > their value over the past 100 trading days.
  They have virtually allbecome> > penny stocks.>
  href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>