Re: [RT] S&P Longterm

Lenny there are two points that would change my thinking about the bear
trend (and perhaps the count/PTI probabilities as well). I am using the S&P
cash in the discussion below.

I agree with you on a .786 retracement and on a 60min chart (attached) it
comes in at 1136. If you look closely a red wave 4 channel is also starting
right at that level. Exceeding that level and the red wave 4 channel as you
know is the first clue that this is not a "normal" wave 4 correction to the
primary trend, so to me that would be the first clue that something is
potentially wrong.

Since the 60min, daily and weekly charts all fold into eachother as
previously posted a move up to that area would say something else might be
unfolding (and thus the possibility of a relabels to an ABC's).

It is important to note for those not familiar with AGET that the most
important goal of the software is to get the person on the right side of the
trade first, then to define setups that provide the highest possible risk
rewards. It's goal is NOT to label in EW terms the whole grand wave
structure.  Keep in mind unless the default settings are changed it is only
analyzing the last 300 bars and using it's algorithms to label potentially
what the pattern could be in EW terms. For this reason it is wise to also
analyse what can "change the count".  Generally that occurs when a wave 4
gets out of control using the 5/35, then the 10/70 and lastly the 5/17 which
generally says something has changed.

For this reason the 10/70 oscillator at the bottom (using "long term count"
since the 5/35 lost control exceeding 1.40 of the wave 3 depth on the
histogram) will also be a important clue if it too loses control, which
would send us to the 5/17 oscillator and "short term count" and according
the first hint at a 1-2-3 pattern starting up.

It would make sense that if the pattern were changing (and potentially
previous counts are wrong on the weekly and daily as well) it would show up
on the shorter term 60min chart first.

There is one other level that bears watching on the S&P cash and that is the
.618 wave 4 retracement at 1095. As a coincidence it is just above the 4 day
trading halt pre 9-11 level.  If that level were taken out it would
represent a "news reversal" trade in some peoples eyes?
don ewers