Re: [RT] e-mini stop orders

Steve:

It depends on how volatile the market is and how closely I am able to
monitor the market at that time. Normally, I add a few ticks to my limit,
so on E*Mini S&Ps, I place an order to buy at a stop limit:

buy 5 ES 1008.25 stop limit limit 1008.75

If you are more worried about getting filled, widen the limit portion.
Remember, you are basically re-creating what your FCM did for you
automatically before it changed its policy--they used a five handle limit
when you went to the market. And now you know [at least my FCM works this
way] that the order is in Globex, not a secondary computer, should your
access then go down.

Tim Morge

At 04:17 PM 9/26/2001 +0000, you wrote:

>Tim,
>
>Are you comfortable placing stop and limit at the same price or do
>you place your limit several points away from your stop?
>
>Steve
>

>--- In realtraders@xxxx, Timothy Morge <tmorge@xxxx> wrote:
> > I use stop limit orders. At least for my broker, when I use stop
>limit
> > orders, the orders go directly to the Globex system and are held
>there;
> > when using stop orders, they stay resident on either my own
>computer or on
> > my IB's computer until their price activates them to market orders.
> >
> > Why would stop limit orders be "inconvienent?" It's one extra
>click...
> >
> > Tim Morge
> >

> > At 02:49 PM 9/26/2001 +0000, you wrote:
> > >This morning i placed my usual stop loss order on efutures website
> > >and it was rejected, so  i called and found that they now have to
>be
> > >placed as stop limit orders which i find inconvenient. Is this
> > >industry wide or just my broker? Prior to today they had a 5 handle
> > >limit on "stop orders" . How are some of you dealing with limit
> > >placement?
> > >Steve

>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Monitoring Service trial