RE: [RT] [Fwd: article]

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff
size=4>Hi there ,
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff
size=4>
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff
size=4>Has anybody considered that all this gigantic mobilisation may not be
just for Bin Laden and the Taleban and maybe not for a few rogue states either
.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff
size=4>Especially with talk of a long war . Either something big is planned with
diversionary tactics or there are melodramatic people in charge . Nothing of
substance has been revealed so far .
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff
size=4>
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff
size=4>Serge
<FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Michael Ferguson
[mailto:wl7bdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: September 22, 2001 11:48
AMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [RT] [Fwd:
article]Rakesh,You bring up interesting
questions. I have one of my own:Suppose, just as a hypothetical, that
the western economies all in unisonovernight quit buying mideast oil
supplies? Instantly. Total boycott.I can guess the objections that might
be offered about our dependence ontheir oil, etc. But bear with me and
consider the proposition.Those suppliers have one, ONE, product, and no
other natural resources oreconomic substance of any kind. The western
economies have all the othernatural resources, and lots of oil besides. Yes
there would be supplydisruptions, and inconveniences to the west, but the
mideast oil producerswould all experience total disruption of the only
product they can sell.What will they do with all the oil they have to pump
to keep the machineryworking? Fill up 5 liter petrol cans and line them up
alongside their roads?A little tactical enforcement of their economic
isolation, like sinking allthe oil tankers that insist on filling up at
their docks, and cutting offthe pipelines, may eventually cause them to show
up, hat in hand, lookingfor a deal.There is plenty of oil available
to the west, and the revenue that the oilsheiks suddenly don't receive will
strengthen the western economies. I amwilling to put up with the
inconvenience of buying oil from Russia andArgentina and North Sea and
Mexico and Alaska and California and whobodyelse is producing oil in the
west.Like the man said, either they are for U.S., or they are for the
terrorists.MichaelPS: It is easy to guess why it won't work, in
a reactionary way, but howmight it work, actually?To
to:realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour use
of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A

Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG
anti-virus system (www.grisoft.com).
09/18/2001

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Start here...Height: 3