Re: [RT] Sell the Rumor, buy the news?

From: "Dan Harels" <harelsdb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 4:02 PM
Subject: [RT] Sell the Rumor, buy the news?

> What are the chances that President Bush will screw up his address tonight
> so bad that the very oversold markets tank again tommorow?  What are the
> chances that he articulates a serious, no-nonsense, confidence inspiring
> message?  I am not making a recommendation and my analysis is very close
> coin flipping, but, it's a thought.
>
> Dan,

  How Bush does is not as important as is the perception of how he does.
This in large part is determined by the current mass psychology. The stock
market is a barometer of mass psychology. So, look at the stock market and
you should be able to forecast how Bush's will do tonight. Is the stock
market near support and very oversold? If yes, then Bush has a good chance
of being well received. If the market is not ready to turn, then Bush could
give the speech of his life and the market would still go lower.  Taking
this theory one step further, the bear market, which began March 2000, was a
precursor for the 911 attack. Bad things tend to happen during bear markets.
Negative energy attracts more negatives. The opposite was true during the
Bull Market Mania of the 1990s. During good times, we tend to delude
ourselves to think that things are better than they really are. This is how
we were lulled into the complacency that made the US vulnerable to attack.
During bad times, once we are past the initial disbelieve, we then tend to
take the pendulum to the other extreme thinking that things are much worse
than they are.  The pendulum swings from one extreme to the other.

 Near term, I am looking for SPX to reach the 936 area before I consider
buying.
Next major key date that I have is Sept. 26 when Saturn turns Retrograde. If
the market has trended down and is extremely oversold into 9/26 and SPX is
near 936, that could be an ideal entry point for a short term bounce. NOW >
2.00 would be another plus.

Cheers,

Norman.