Re: [RT] 1 WTC

Brian:

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know sometimes surviving can seem
more difficult than not making it down those stairs.

Personally, I have spent the days since this tragedy with my
family--especially my wife and two little ones. This event truly hammered
to me just how lucky I am to be able to put my arms around my wife and
lovely 3 year old son and 16 month old daughter.

I hope you find peace from the many images and feelings you are feeling
now, Brian.

Tim Morge

At 09:38 PM 9/17/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>I was talking to my best friend whose brother works at cantor when my
>desk shook.  I andmy colleagues ran for the fire doors.  At around 39 the
>cops told us to get of the stairwells as the firemen needed them to get up.
>We all ran to another set of stairs and continued our descent.  It was hell -
>women with high heels were pushed aside, overweight asmatics and
>people in wheelchairs were left on the stairs.  When we got the the
>concourse the globe was on fire and the area where the have the concerts
>was littlered with fires and bodies.  I got out only to see people I can only
>assume to be my friends jumping from cantors floors.  Luckily, I left as I
>couldn't stand to watch anymore people jump.  I returned home from a 7
>mile walk to the upper eastside to find out everyone I knew at cantor was
>gone.  I used to ask my uncle what d-day was like and he wouldn't talk
>about it - I still can't tell my wife what I saw.  All I know is that my
>resolve is
>clear.  Stand with or against us but we must act.  Don't let my fatherless
>friends childern wonder wy their fathers dies without cause.  At this point I
>have no work and fewer friends - all I have is my wife and family so I
>consider myself lucky.  I still don't understand why I survived when other
>didn't but I must go on eventually.  Give to your firemen and love your
>family and remember above all to support your country.
>
>Brian Meehan 1 WTC 50th

The Nissan Sentra
Everything but compact
http://NissanDriven.com