Re: [RT] Markets: Stock Index Futures and regulation

Earl,

In your write up on the prospects for the economy in your country you
have primarily relied upon fundamental concerns(if I understand you
correctly) which are coming to the fore now, rather being touted by the
salesmen of Wall St. now  when the markets have already tanked.

These factors were not being cited by Wall St. gurus and their underlings
globally earlier on, when the markets were touching the skies.
Cant one infer from these shenanigans that "they" have
exhausted inventories and  and are now re-stocking or is this
assumption erroneous? This I ask in light of the fact that sooner than
later the easing liiquidity conditions will make themselves felt in the
economy. Also how relevant are the comparisons of the U.S economy with
the Japanese economy with their structural differences( or am I again
ignorant of the similarities)?

Once Ira had posted that the Wall St. selling machine always finds
stories/concepts to tout after the current rage is dead and buried. Are
you saying that the conditions are going to be so dire that the markets
are not going to reward performance and/or the prospects of performance
of the next great "find"?

You further state in your  message below, that you are willing to
change your analysis contingent upon contrary evidence emerging. Given
your very strong views  what would you term conclusive evidence
keeping in view the fact the charts will essentially lead the economy and
corporate performance? Would you wait for confirmatory economic data and
enter the markets on pull backs in the new trend or trade major support
points/projections with stop losses?

Look forward to your comments.
Regards.

Rakesh