RE: [RT] OFF TOPIC: Desktop Problem

Thanks
for the reply.  I am using W98SE.  I found the file in Windows, but I
cannot find it in DOS.  Not sure how to do a file search in DOS (it's been
a long time).  When I tried to delete through Windows I get the same error
message.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Bill

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Randall Kurzon
  [mailto:rkurzon@xxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 12:18
  PMTo: Bill DanielSubject: Re: [RT] OFF TOPIC: Desktop
  ProblemWhich version of Windows are you using? In
  W2k you might try going toC:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop
  and delete it there.If another version of Windows try doing a search of
  your C drive fordesktop and see if you can delete it.Regards,
  RandallFriday, August 31, 2001, 11:59:16, you wrote:>
  Thanks for the suggestion, but the problem is I can't rename.  Anytime
  I> right click to bring up a menu from which I can rename nothing
  happens. The> cursor just sits there.>
  Bill>   -----Original Message----->   From:
  Michael Ferguson [mailto:wl7bdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]>   Sent:
  Friday, August 31, 2001 11:43 AM>   To:
  realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   Subject: Re: [RT] OFF TOPIC:
  Desktop Problem>   try renaming
  first>   ----- Original Message ----->
  From: "Bill Daniel" <bogeybunky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>   To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>   Sent: Friday, August
  31, 2001 10:00>   Subject: RE: [RT] OFF TOPIC: Desktop
  Problem>   > Thanks for the suggestion, but I
  tried that and still get the same error>   >
  message>   >   -----Original
  Message----->   >   From: wavemechanic
  [mailto:wd78@xxxxxxxxxxxx]>   >   Sent: Friday,
  August 31, 2001 10:44 AM>   >   To:
  realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   >   Subject: Re:
  [RT] OFF TOPIC: Desktop Problem>   >>
  >>   >   Try going to the directory
  Windows\Desktop and deleting the shortcut.>
  Desktop Problem>   >>
  >>   >     I have a shortcut icon
  on my windows desktop that I created when I>
  went>   > to the Andrews Pitchfork Primer webpage. When I
  right clicked on the web>   > site to create the shortcut
  it created an incredibly long string of text>
  as>   > the description that appears when you highlight
  the desktop icon.>   >>
  >     Now I cannot delete it. When I try to delete it I
  get an error> message>   > "Cannot delete file. The
  filename you specified is invalid or too long.>   >
  Specify a different filename.">   >>
  >     If I right click on the link I do not get the
  normal menu. I don't> get>   >
  anything.>   >>
  >     Any suggestions as to how this can be removed
  will be greatly>   > appreciated.>
  >>   >     Bill>
  >>   >>   >>
  >>   >     To unsubscribe from this
  group, send an email to:>   >
  realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  >>   >>   >>
  Yahoo! Terms of Service.>   >>
  >>   >
  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor>

  ADVERTISEMENT>   >>
  >>   >>   >>
  >   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
  to:>   >
  realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  >>   >>   >>
  Service.>   >>
  >>         Yahoo!
  Groups
  Sponsor>
  ADVERTISEMENT>   To unsubscribe from this
  group, send an email to:>
  realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   Your
  use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
  Service.To

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT<a href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.1566667.3122753.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705001779:HM/A=766942/R=0/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3225"targe
t=_top>