Re: [RT] Profile of a loser

A 'dumb question' here but can you provide any suggestions relative to a
system missing opportunities?  Tks for any feedback you can provide.

Not a dumb question at all.  If you have a trend following system you want to
check and see how many trends you might be missing.  The first system I
design in any market is always a breakout system.  Frankly, I have never been
very comfortable with breakout systems but their strength is that they never
miss a trend.  Once I know that I have a system in place that catches every
trend (and unfortunately often sees trends that do not exist) then I
concentrate on a system that will enter in the direction of a trend but only
on corrections.  These pullback entry systems seem much more comfortable to
implement in actual trading.  They usually have larger profits and smaller
risk but their weakness is that they sometimes miss very big trends where
there is no pullback large enough for a timely entry point.  That's why I
like to trade multiple systems in every market.

Hope that helps.

Chuck LeBeau
www.traderclub.com