Re: [RT] Damn the Red Channel

Actually, I was referring to the chart of the SPX. It looked like it
was placed on the close or open, not the close, But I read in your
other post that it was used from the low.

Also determining a starting point is always a concern. I will post a
chart I did with Pyrapoint for the Dow.
Steve

--- In realtraders@xxxx, Clyde Lee <clydelee@xxxx> wrote:
> Absolutely WONDERFUL question ! ! ! !
>
> You said:  significant highs or
> lows.
>
> The wonderful thing about my implementation of
> this is that the HUMAN (who is very fallible) does
> not have diddle to do with determining what is a
> "significant high or low" other than setting the
> length of detection for TURNING POINTS.
>
> From you question/comments I assume that you do not
> agree that the turning points selected by the program
> were "significant".   Well maybe not but I will
> absolutely guarantee you that they are CONSISTENT.
>
> If I want to have a look at something more
> "significant" then all I do is change the length
> used in detecting TURNING POINTS.
>
> HARD CONCEPT to accept I know but if we cannot do
> something that is ABSOLUTELY consistent then we
> should not take that approach of analysis.
>
> Few if any other authors/designers/implementers of
> swing related systems are so "hard-nosed" about the
> necessity of absolutely consistent approach to where
> TURNING POINTS occur.
>
> Clyde Lee
>

> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - -
> Clyde Lee   Chairman/CEO          (Home of SwingMachine)
> SYTECH Corporation          email: clydelee@xxxx
> 7910 Westglen, Suite 105       Office:    (713) 783-9540
> Houston,  TX  77063               Fax:    (713) 783-1092
> Details at:                      www.theswingmachine.com
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - -

My
>   understanding is that it should be used from significant highs or
>   lows.
>   Thanks
>   Steve
>

>   --- In realtraders@xxxx, Ira Tunik <irat@xxxx> wrote:
>   > Here is the Pyrapoint solution.  Also between the redline down
move.
>   > This is the 90 degree solution with support at 180 degrees and a
>   > reversal at the next vertical line.  From past performance, +/-
>   couple
>   > of bars.
>   >
>   > Clyde Lee wrote:
>   >
>   > > Look an see -- how long will this last ????- - - - - - - - - -
 - -
>   - -
>   > > - - - - - - -  - - - - - - -
>   > > Clyde Lee   Chairman/CEO          (Home of SwingMachine)
>   > > SYTECH Corporation          email: clydelee@xxxx
>   > > 7910 Westglen, Suite 105       Office:    (713) 783-9540
>   > > Houston,  TX  77063               Fax:    (713) 783-1092
>   > > Details at:                      www.theswingmachine.com
>   > >
>   > >
>   > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>   > >
>   > >
>   > >
>   > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
>   Service.

Service.