Re: [RT] Trend

For trends I find that a modification of
the Omega Linear Regression Line
indicator to be useful.

My modification is attached and the inputs
are:

inputs:   Length(
30),      { Number bars to compute LinearRegression
fit    }  EndDate(  0),     {
YYYMMDD - End date to anchor LR fit
}
{ If set to zero, will use last bar on chart
}
{ In realtime this will move as data arrives     }
EndTime(  0),     { hhmm - End time to anchor LR
fit  0=ignore time}  Color(tool_blue), { Color for LR line
plots      }  ExtRight(  True), { Set
true to extend lines to right of end date/t}  ChanWide(
1),    { Multiplier for StdDev compute of length  }
  SIZE(1);          { Size
of lines to plot -- 0=smallest      }

Typically (for daily bars) I use a length
of 30 and let the indicator
FLOAT (follow the last bar--no end date
set) until I think we have a
good trend because of the way the
trendlines behave.  I normally set
the channel width to one (1) 'cause I want
to see some prices kick out
over the line as an early
warning.

Once a trend seems to be in place then I
freeze the channel by adding
another indicator with a FIXED DATE (end
date set to when I thought
trend was in place).  Fixed are red
lines on Junk1.gif.

ALWAYS USE SAME LENGTH FOR FLOATING AND
FIXED CHANNEL.  See  Junk1.gif

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - -Clyde
Lee
Chairman/CEO          (Home of
SwingMachine)SYTECH
Corporation          email: <A