Re: [RT] Other Weekend Thoughts: Warm Weather Helps Better Sauvignon Blanc

No offense. And I agree with you about the
low-quality Bordeaux. You can also add to the list of wines that are much better
than a regular Bordeaux , the Spanish wines from the Rioja region. Far cheaper
and much better. As for really great wines it seems to me that the French may
still be the bests but I never really had the opportunity to test the very
best of American wine. I have been a little bit disappointed by some Mondavi
that I was told where the best but it's a personal opinion. It seems to me that
American wines are different, not better or worse.
As for the food I leave in NY and although most of
best restaurants are run by French chefs honestly they don't compare with
the Paris' ones and there may be a reason to it. I knew 25 years ago
Gilbert Le Coze , the late chef of Le Bernardin in NY, when he started with a
small "bistrot" in Paris. Le Bernardin is considered as the best sea food
restaurant in NY however it has never been as good as its counterpart in Paris.
Le Coze told me that he had a hard time to find products of the same quality.
But once again French are not systematically the best: I love the restaurants in
Brussels: they are far cheaper than in Paris and very often better.

Jean Jacques Chenier
<A
href="http://www.alterama.com";>www.alterama.com