Re: [RT] hocus pocus stuff

Lucky,
The way you are doing the query you are saying any gap up day has the same
kind of conditions that any other
gap up day has.  All hot air rises but some hot air rises faster than other
kinds  hot air because there is a bigger fire
on the ground.  The stuff I mentioned..

"Use 5 day momentum comparison, three or four set of closes, trin, 5 day
 trin, volume, open-close relationships, low to low relationships and high
to high
 relationships."

Has to do with figuring out the kind of fire that is lit under a gap up day.
Does that make sense?
So make a  TradeStation show-me like this:

Three consecutive lower closes, two consecutive lower lows and two
consecutive lower highs.
Trin is > 1.2 and trin is < 2.0
Five day trin is > 6.0 and Five day trin is < 8.0.
Five day sum of advancing volume is experinecing more than three lower
closes.

You can get even more distinctive if you use your imagination..

Now, how many days are gap up days and how many are gap down days?
And if they are gap up days how many close up and how many close down?
And if they are gap down days how many close up and how many close down?

Take the query back to 1988, and find out how many hits you get...

I hope this answers your question.  Sorry that I didn't pick up on the
subtle idea you were getting at.
I thought you understood that there was more to a query than just looking at
how many gap up days there
are..

Don Thompson