Re: [RT] hocus pocus stuff

From: "Don Thompson" <detomps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 12:53 AM
Subject: [RT] hocus pocus stuff

: I personally don't see how this gives TA a bad name since most of the
stuff
: I read has no probability
: connected to it. Tell my why its hocus pocus???

You made a claim (below):

: > A gap up open in the SnP futures is almost a no brainer buy.  If it for
: some
: > reason would make a lower low, this would be an even better opportunity.
: > The odds for an up close with a gap up open in the SnP futures is better
: > than 80 percent.

Without anything to back it up.

I then did a simple 'buy on a gap up open and sell at the end of the day'
test to see if your claim is valid. I find it not to be.  It is this claim
without any valid proof to back it up that gives techincal analysis a bad
name.