Re: [RT] Re: MKT - OEX

From: "Don Thompson" <detomps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 12:43 AM
Subject: Re: [RT] Re: MKT - OEX

: Hmm,
: Well, I have been doing this for two and a half years and it works,

Let's see some proof, then.

: Turd station cant do the kind of query that I do in excell.

Let's see some statistics then.

: Sorry, your analysis is just too simple.

What? How more complex can that be? You claim that if the S&P futures gap up
on the open, it will close at a higher price 80% of the time. And if it
dips, it's gives you a better price to enter a trade. So, why not buy it on
the open (if it's a gap up open) and then exit at the end of the day. If
it's an up close, then it should be profitable. So, how is this analysis too
simple?