[RT] Re: "I ain't no Richard Dennis...but"

--- In realtraders@xxxx, "Steve Karnish" <kernish@xxxx> wrote:
> "Re: [RT] question for systems traders"
>
> Tom,
>
> I know that you trade the grains, so I will limit my comments to
only the
> wheat market.   I have used a mechanical system, for the majority
of my
> customers, for the last four years.
>
> Last year, we traded wheat 24 times and with 22 winners, 2 losses.
I wanted
> to publish the account statements, but was informed that the
statements were
> not enough, they had to be independently audited.  So, currently,
they are
> being audited.
>
> With $6 round turns becoming an everyday occurrence, I have filed a
> disclosure doc to allow my CTA status to be elevated, allowing me
to manage
> money (it's what I've been doing since 1975, but currently, as you
know,
> without the "d doc" you must obtain permission from the customer
for all
> trades).  The commission business has been a "dying dog" for many
years and
> I noticed last week that the NFA decided to "double" our
fees...because they
> can.
>
> I used to try to contribute to realtraders, but considering the
negative
> tone of most posts...who really has the time to get into a "pissing
match"
> with a bunch of "non-traders".   Don't get me wrong, and whoa,
don't be
> offended if you (in the second person, plural) actually
trade...but, many
> posters DON'T (not you Tom)..
>
> There isn't one holy grail...there's bunches of them.  I use
momentum
> oscillators (StoRSI, CMO & Bollinger Band Oscillators) to swing
trade in
> daily and 5 minute time frames.  The exact same indicators work on
the 50
> stocks that I have provided, to the public (absolutely free), for
the last
> two years.
>
> And, it was sooooo easy ... 25 years in the industry, 10,000+ hours
of
> research, craters to equity and brain cells, etc.  Many list members
> continue to challenge each other to publicly post their
approaches ... I
> guess so they can sling even more shit in the direction of the
brave few.

> Well, take your best shots.  Every trade, in futures or equities,
that I
> have made in the past two years has been posted, the day before,
for public
> scrutiny.  Please, I don't want any business from anyone on this
forum.  My
> god, who would want most of these whiners in their book?  I'd much
rather
> double money for a wheat farmer, who I can sit down and have a beer
with,
> than some jerk who doesn't trade and hangs around the forum, only to
> criticize and whine.
>
> I would say that the Equis forum is producing about 100 times the
value that
> this forum produces.  Exchanges of formulae, approaches,
conversions from MS
> to EasyLang and back again, are common occurrences.  Sure, like all
product
> forums, there are people who bitch everyday about what the product
doesn't
> do.  But hey, guess what?  The bitchers don't trade...surprise!
They spend
> all their time investing in negative energy.  They soon become
morally
> bankrupt and folks, it helps to bring a positive attitude to the
trading
> table.  Does the word Karma ring a bell?
>
> On a final note, the regulatory "gods" have decided that it's OK
for me to
> broadcast "live", provided I hum my disclaimer every few minutes.
Anyone,
> who might have an interest in their own internet radio show, on my
> intergalactic, internet radio network, please contact me
privately.  I know
> that means that many of the people that I disdain will probably be
the first
> ones to respond...so, if you don't hear back...it means I don't
like you.

> And as Richard Dennis used to be found of saying
(paraphrasing):  "I could
> publish my exact approach in the Chicago Trib and no one would ever
pay
> attention".  Most folks wouldn't know a great trading system if it
sat on
> their face...and if they actually recognized and tried to use it,
they would
> find a way to "abuse and lose" the system and money...simply
because they
> would allow their large brains to "out think" what could be so
simple.

> Thanks Tom...I've been tempted to ask your same question.
>
> Steve Karnish, CTA
> Cedar Creek Trading
> http://www.cedarcreektrading.com

Steve,

I agree with all what you said, could you "educate" us on your system
or it is propreitary.

Regards,

Haytham