Re: Re[6]: [RT] the 5/22 new moon

From: "ztrader" <ztrader@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 12:41 AM
Subject: Re[6]: [RT] the 5/22 new moon

> On Tuesday, May 22, 2001, 8:02:10 PM, Norman Winski wrote:
>
> >> But let us avoid the constant sidetracks. Back to the topic of
> >> cause/correlation, tell me why that research helps to explain how
> >> the **oysters** forced the entire stock market to move? The
> >> mechanism eludes me.
>
> First, you are again sidetracking the topic. My question had to do
> with the research YOU mentioned:
>
> > NW>   Good point, which reminds me, you may want to check out the
> > NW> research of Dr. Frank Brown of Northwestern Univeristy.
>
> My question had nothing to do with any other work, books, or papers -
> just the research YOU mentioned.
>
> Let me restate my question. Tell me why the research YOU mentioned
> helps to explain how the **oysters** forced the entire stock market to
> move? The mechanism eludes me. Can you please stick to the topic and
> answer this?
>
> But, let me also be sure I understand this. You are suggesting that
> the following will tell me the **mechanism** by which the ***oysters**
> (nothing else - *just* the oysters - no planets, etc) forced the
> entire stock market to move? Remember, I'm talking oysters, not
> astrology. Did I understand you correctly?

NW: Actually, I was wrong. Upon futher checking in my library, Dr Brown's
research was on Fidler Crabs. You will find a description of this on pages
192 - 193 of the Gauguelin book I listed.  It suggests that the influence of
the moon entrains the behavior of the crabs.  The crabs changed their cycles
when they moved from Long Island to Chicago in accordance with the local
tides even though they were in a lab and not in the water.

   As for explaining a mechanism, there is a lot of solid inter-disciplinary
science suggesting some plausible theories. I suggest you read up on the
subject and then we can discuss it on another list so we don't bore everyone
on this list. Don't get me wrong, I find it fascinating. But, I don't think
that most people on a traders list are looking for this type of information.
Perhaps with your obvious scientific background and inclination, you will
discover some scientific breakthrough that helps explalin it all.

Cheers,

Norman