Re: [RT] Re: S&P / NASDAQ

From: <H.Albizem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 6:55 AM
Subject: [RT] Re: S&P / NASDAQ

> --- In realtraders@xxxx, "Levent Erbora" <erbora@xxxx> wrote:
> > Or could it be that your "systems" are like foggy eyeglasses in the
> first place?
> >
> > Dazed & confused,
> >
> > Levent
>
>  Thank you for the above meaningful "contribution" to the
> list...perhaps that is the best you can offer to this list.
>
> Haytham

You're welcome Haytham. I am glad that you found it meaningful.
I thought it was pretty meaningful too.
In a short and sweet way, I tried to convey the possibility that,
the real source of  your confessed confusions, indecisions and "cloudiness"
perhaps did not lie with the market's actual condition or state, but rather
with
the "systems" you are using.
Maybe, just maybe, those "systems" are overly complicated, redundant, fuzzy,
not too reliable.
Maybe they are not robust enough, have many many shortcomings and plain
fallacies;
totally insufficient to do some decent trading.
Maybe there are some much simpler, straightforward, rational approaches
that,
when properly utilized, yields a much clearer picture and blows away all the
fog and the clouds,
enables a real trader to trade decisively and confidently.
Ofcourse, to arrive at all these conclusions from my original humble remark
requires one to have an open & inquiring mind,
a humble personality and a non-defensive attitude. I am really glad that you
got it.
Because having a "tunnel" vision is a very dangerous and counter-productive
thing in this business.

May all your trading be clear as a sunny spring morning,

Levent