[RT] Re: Medianline: your site and comments

Thanks Carl. I appreciate the kind words. It's probably laid out simple
because I am perhaps the worst html person that ever got a page going...

In advanced get, once you draw a pitchfork or ML set, put your mouse cursor
over the pitchfork you just drew. Then right click and you will see the
menu that allows you to choose different color pitchforks, etc. But you
also see a set of buttons that allow you alter the basic configuration of
the pitchfork you just drew.

When you draw a pitchfork, you have to choose three points: H,L,H or L,H,L.
By default, GET draws the Median Line, a line parallel to the Median Line
that bisects the upper point and another line parallel to the Medain Line
that bisects the lower point. This is the typical pitchfork.

Now look at the menu that is on your screen when you right click on the
pitchfork [I attached a gif]. The button with a value of "1" is default and
those are the two MLs bisecting high and low points you chose. If you click
on "2" you get a warning line above and below the two default MLs. These
are spaced the same distance from the MLs as the MLs are from the Median
Line. In effect, you are looking to translate some of the "frequency" the
original pitchfork has out into space a distance of twice the "normal" ML
distance from the Median Line.

If you want to use Fib levels for warning lines, you can change the
"values" show in the menu bu simply typing a different number into any of
the value areas. So to get a warning line of 2.38X from the Median Line [or
2.38 X the "normal" spacing of MLs], just go to the value area that
normally has 2 as a value and change it to 2.38. Then click on the button
next to the value you just changed to make the button "ON."

One last thing: I normally only show external warning lines on the charts
on the web page. But you can also chart internal warning lines---values
inside of the normal MLs. They can be quite useful and if you use Median
Lines often, they are a good "extra" tool to have in your charting arsenal.

I hope this makes sense, If it is clear as mud, I'll try to answer
questions as direct as possible.

Good question. I also should have a small slide show on the web page later
today dealing with drawing warning lines using various charting packages
[and of course, drawing them by hand on your used brown paper bags...]

Tim Morge
www.medianline.com