Re: [RT] Re: S&P / NASDAQ

ira:

LOL !

i think it's too early to say that, for sure. my question, as a daycounter
among other things, is whether or not 5/17 has a lot of power as a turn
date. today, 5/18/01, would work much better, for me, for both the spx and
the djia. it ties into 6/16 and 6/21, by lucas and fibo, though i am not
thrilled by the backcounting hits (unless the 3/22/01 is "adjusted",
recognizing that time and price are not always in perfect step.)

i am always in a "listening to the market" mood, but especially now. *if*
this is a bear market rally, soon to end and spank the bulls, it seems it
would do so quickly. here is why i say that: i believe most agree that a
bear market is not really friendly to the bears as one might think. a bear
market, like a bull, tries to confuse and reward the fewest. so here we
are, with many shorts covered after a ferocious punch through resistance,
all following a substantial rally in time and price.

*if* this is still a bear, would not *right now* or *very soon* (say, by
no later than monday, 5/21/01) be the ideal time to haul butt lower ? and,
if it does not do that, a trader might reasonably think that neither case
is made convincingly here and now and want to trade accordingly.

well, anyway, this is how i like to think about the moody, quick-striking,
never-turn-your-back-on, animal we are trying to dance with. :-)

dw/humble1