Re: Fwd: Re: [RT] Re: Fibo Research

RT's,

Mark makes an interesting point about boredom..

This is a long message.. In summary, this message discusses some
things I've learned about what makes traders tick. What makes some traders
successful, and others fail. If that doesn't interest you, click
the delete button.

Boredom is a strong motivator.. And trading can be boring
after a while... Once you have spent enough time at it..

One way I avoid boredom is to train traders. The training fees
help pay for my trading commissions, and I get to go to interesting places
and meet interesting traders.. All tax-deductible! Helping traders, and
getting
recognition from them is a motivator for me too. Some "traders" on this list
have questioned my motivation... If you look beyond the chest-pounding
and fear-mongering, there is a chance you too will find some gem of
information in this or any email message. I learn all the time, from
surprising sources.

Another way I avoid boredom is with physical activity. I'm sitting on a sore
butt today. I lost some skin while in-line skating last week.. I broke some
bones in Karate during the last year.. Better to take exciting risks in the
physical
world than the trading world.. I'm not kidding. Trading for adrenalin is very
expensive.

I've trained many traders. Many are trading to avoid boredom.
That can be very dangerous.. The more exciting trading is, the more
dangerous it can be.. Many are studying trading for the pleasure
of research, for the challenge of solving the puzzle. This category
of traders can often lose sight of the profit motive. Some end up
studying everything that exists without ever settling down to a
few techniques. It takes focus and specialization to get really good..
Continually changing your tools and methodologies doesn't help
in the long run..

One trader I trained called me in February (about two years after attending
a private seminar with me) to say he made $90,000 in January this year..
Months like that are more hard work than boring. They should be more
hard work than exciting, too.

Traders who feel very excited, should be very careful.

There are many reasons for trading. Excitement, challenge, learning,
profit, ego, boredom, many reasons. It is important to understand your
own motivation. Your own reason for trading may give you strong clues
about how you can improve your performance.

Whether you are more motivated by the fear of pain, or the anticipation
of pleasure can also tell you some things about your trading.. But this
is for another email one day.. I'll explain if any REAL traders are
interested.. Hehehehe...

-Neal.