Re: [RT] Re: Fibo Research

From: "Neal Hughes" <neal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2001 1:41 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] Re: Fibo Research

> List members,
>
> Fibs are a lot of fun, and can be very accurate and consistent. But
> not on their own! You can't just blindly trade Fibs, you need to
> combine some lagging indicators..
>
> Fibonacci gives you a look into the future. They tell you where
> future support and resistance is, BEFORE price gets there. This
> is very powerful. But to the novice, it is very dangerous too. Novices
> are usually wishing for a magical indicator that will easily tell them
> when to get in and out.. Hehehe..

NW: Neal, you raise an excellent point. Too many are under the assumption
that a particular methodology or technique must be a stand alone money
machine or it is invalid. I take a more eclectic view and say if I can use
many tools and methods and each gives me a 5-10% edge, then it can all adds
up to a significant advantage.  Take a cup of Fibonacci, mix in some Gann
angles,
stir with some Elliott, and mix vigorously with some Astro. Any one of these
by themselves may not be sufficient to use for a complete and successful
trading system.  However, when using a broad mix, independent corroboration
sometimes occurs. When all systems converge, that is a beautiful thing.

Cheers,

Norman