Re: [RT] WHY...Trading Profession?

Charts are price?
Indicators are interepretation of price?

personally for years as a youngster I trader off the "Chalk boards"
at the exchange.....then technology came along and replaced those chalk
boards with screens...now I dsiplay my price visually on my puter screen
and when I display it I put it into Candles...when ever I look at prices in the
paper I see them as candles and I also read bard charts as candles too...
the computer eases the workload on my head!!

People never see the market the same way.they never have and they never will
That is why only 2% have so much of the market wealth and most of the rest are
going out the door backwards.....We can talk somantics all day.. I just prefer
to trade

Michael Ferguson wrote:

> > If a candle stick is not price what is it?
> > do get to pedantic or into somantics!
> > h,l,o,c are they not prices?
>
> I was partly spoofing that post, and partly serious. Barcharts divide price
> into increments of time, and tick charts divide price into increments of
> volume. A candlestick itself averages price if it is longer than one tick.

the important details in anytime frame are open and close and close and open
and their relationship

> It may tell a story of the bulls and bears, but there is one on each side of
> every transaction, neither of whom may have seen the bar I am looking at.

you do not see it.......and you do make a significant point....therein lies the
success of the trade

> Yes, the high, low, open, and close are prices AT THAT TIME. The form of the
> bar that makes the chart is unknown to the price, it is an artifact.
> Everything ascribed to the forms are made by the mind of the viewer, not by
> the market. When that isn't so, and everyone sees the market the same way,
> buyers or sellers disappear.
>
> I stick by my assertion that charts are indicators, they indicate price vs
> time price vs and volume

three seperate plots and all relevant?? or not??

> . (And almost anything else we want to ascribe to
> them)

yep opinions.....and no two traders will ever agree...

> If we can adduce direction and momentum from them in a profitable way,
> all is well.
>
> I know someone who trades and makes money without charts. I would say he
> uses pure price, but I think he looks

you only think... one cannot get into some one elses head...this is subjecture

> for the same thing, a market that has buyers, or sellers,

If there are not buyers and sellers comming into equalibrium we have not
market..

> or is switching from one to the other. And an
> opportunity to participate profitably. Isn't that what trading is about,
> actually?

Is it???

> Regards, Michael

cheers Gentle OX..