Re: [RT] WHY...Trading Profession?

> If a candle stick is not price what is it?
> do get to pedantic or into somantics!
> h,l,o,c are they not prices?

I was partly spoofing that post, and partly serious. Barcharts divide price
into increments of time, and tick charts divide price into increments of
volume. A candlestick itself averages price if it is longer than one tick.
It may tell a story of the bulls and bears, but there is one on each side of
every transaction, neither of whom may have seen the bar I am looking at.

Yes, the high, low, open, and close are prices AT THAT TIME. The form of the
bar that makes the chart is unknown to the price, it is an artifact.
Everything ascribed to the forms are made by the mind of the viewer, not by
the market. When that isn't so, and everyone sees the market the same way,
buyers or sellers disappear.

I stick by my assertion that charts are indicators, they indicate price vs
time price vs and volume. (And almost anything else we want to ascribe to
them) If we can adduce direction and momentum from them in a profitable way,
all is well.

I know someone who trades and makes money without charts. I would say he
uses pure price, but I think he looks for the same thing, a market that has
buyers, or sellers, or is switching from one to the other. And an
opportunity to participate profitably. Isn't that what trading is about,
actually?

Regards, Michael