Re: [RT] DO NOT OPEN ATTACHMENT!

April 27, 2001
4. Disclaimer

_____________________________

NOTE: This is an outgoing email address. Do not reply to this email
message. If you require assistance with installing, configuring, or
troubleshooting a Symantec product, or if you have a question for
Customer Service, then visit the Symantec Service & Support Web site
at the following Internet address:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/

Select your product and version, and then click Go.

To view this and prior News Bulletins in HTML format, visit the
following Internet address:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/vURL.cgi/navarc

_____________________________

1. Virus alert: W32Badtrans.13312@xx

Due to an increase in the number of submissions, the Symantec
AntiVirus Research Center (SARC) has upgraded W32.Badtrans.13312@xx
to a Category 4 threat. Virus definitions dated April 11, 2001 or
later will protect your system from W32.Badtrans.13312@xxx Please run
LiveUpdate to obtain the latest virus definitions.

W32Badtrans.13312@xx is a MAPI worm that spreads by replying to all
unread messages in your email message folders. The worm includes a
Trojan horse program that is designed to steal information from the
infected computer.

When W32Badtrans.13312@xx is executed, it copies the following two
files into the Windows program folder (C:\Windows on Windows 9x and
C:\Winnt on Windows NT/2000):

--Hkk32.exe
--Inetd.exe

To ensure that the viral code runs each time the system is restarted,
W32Badtrans.13312@xx modifies the Win.ini file (Windows 9x systems)
and the system registry (Windows 9x and WindowsNT/2000 systems).

For complete information and removal instructions, see the SARC Web
site at:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/vURL.cgi/nav98

This information is also available on the Service & Support Web site
at:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/vURL.cgi/nav99

____________________________

2. Feedback

Do you have feedback that can help us provide better products or
services? If so, then we want to hear from you. Visit the Symantec
suggestion box at the following Internet address, and let us know how
we can improve:

http://www.symantec.com/feedback/

the instructions at the following Internet address:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/bulletin/index.html

If you no longer want to receive this newsletter, then follow these
steps:

1. Create a new email addressed to:

LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2. In the Subject line, type the following:

UNSUBSCRIBE

3. In the body of the message, type the following:

SIGNOFF NAV-TECHINFO-L

4. Send the message.

If you want to unsubscribe from other Symantec newsletters, then
follow the instructions at the following Internet address:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/bulletin/index.html

_____________________________

4. Disclaimer

THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.

This message contains Symantec Corporation's current view of the
topics discussed as of the date of this document. The information
contained in this message is provided "as is" without warranty of any
kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the
implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular
purpose, and freedom from infringement. The user assumes the entire
risk as to the accuracy and the use of this document. This document
may not be distributed for profit.

Symantec and the Symantec logo are U.S. registered trademarks of
Symantec Corporation. Other brands and products are trademarks of
their respective holder(s).

(c) Copyright 2001 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved.
Materials may not be published in other documents without the
express, written permission of Symantec Corporation.