Re: [RT] Charting Equity -- Example

Don,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply.
I appreciate your kindness.
Warmly,
Brian

At 11:00 PM 5/6/2001, you wrote:
Brian:

The equity charts from your trade by trade
spreadsheet can be quite useful.  I have noted peaks of mas of the
%winning trades and ave trade are useful to track along with the equity
and mas.  You will often see the former 2 factors show short term
cycle peaks before the equity and then diverge negatively as a warning to
at least reduce size for the coming lean period.  The reverse can
occur prior to equity upswings as well.  One can similarly follow
Elliott waves within the equity, ect.

To chart within TS5, just convert your
spreadsheet column(s) desired for graphing to text (ascii) by a copy and
paste to Wordpad, then save as to a new file.  Then use TS5 to
create a new window or workspace and use the "3rd party
directory" under "format symbol" to use the ascii file you
created in wordpad.  It can be a bit tricky to match the right
parameters with the file, but it works nicely when everything is set
correctly.

Don