Re: [RT] WHY...Trading Profession Carping?????

If this is what you are looking for then read Steidlmayer on the
Markets, J.Peter Steidlmayer, Publisher John Wiley & sons.
My current psychological problem is trying to understand
what is the pattern
that constitutes the moment of departure
from the current balance point?
What I got out of Research's gif is the red lines are lines that contain
balance in buyer's and seller's. then it goes skewed and
balance is lost.
Regards,
Don  Thompson
Subject: Re: [RT] WHY...Trading Profession?
> What you want is a million dollar education for nothing.  I don't
think
so.  Ira

> BobR wrote:
>
> > Dear Research dept, would you please do a brain dump on this lowly
wannabe
> > regarding entries on the NQ and ES ?  Specifically he and
a few others
would
> > like to read your treatise on timing the entry and various techniques
you
> > would employ in catching a trend in its infancy.  Particularly
address
the
> > pre and post period 8:30AM CT with its risks and rewards.
What time
frame
> > or tick frame would you advise?  What techincal approach would
you use,
> > swings, xovers, trendline breaks, something exotic?  What
we are talking
> > here is Texas style gunslinging where trades move like singing
bullets.
> > Feel free to be as verbose as you want.  A diatribe is desired.
> >
> > thanx
> > bobr

things in general. i have studied
> > > people  as  much  as  i  have
studied  the  markets  and  come to the
> > > conclusion  that  most  loose  because
they  are gamblers rather than
> > > analyst.   analyst  on  the  other hand
mostly are failures at trading
> > > because they rely upon validation of some for or another.

> > > i hate to trade, i only do so to finance my research and my computer
> > > hardware/software addiction. this is the way i separate myself
from
> > > becoming involved with something i don't like to do trade. i
do not
> > > get a thrill if i make money and i don't worry at all anymore
if i
> > > loose. learning to take losses was the hardest thing i ever
> > > accomplished.

> > > for me its the thrill of figuring it out..  finding something
that can
> > > be validated in black and white as working.  i honestly
have no desire
> > > about  the money other than to pay what very few bills i
have.  i live
> > > very meagerly (except for equipment) because i know it can all
be lost
> > > if i'm not careful.  i am not inspired by wealth but rather
knowledge.

such a
shot
> > amount
> > >
> > > i  was  the  same.  i thought i knew how
to trade until i went to work
> > > programming  for  someone  who was a real trader.
there i learned the
> > > business  of  surviving as a trader and to not take
anything personal.
> > > trading  really  is  a  business, like any
other except its better.  i
> > > could  pick  anything  in  life  to
do the 3 i narrowed it down to was
> > > biological,   market  and gambling research.
> > >
> > > anyway it took me a good five years to learn while working for
> > > specific trader. i spent many more years programming for other
> > > successful traders. i figured no one was going to tell me what
> > > needed to know about how to make a living trading. so i set out
> > > steal the knowledge by pretending to be a contract programmer.
so i
> > > kept my mouth shut (for a while) listened and observed every
move,
> > > making very detailed notes about events i would only understand
latter
> > > in  time.  stopping here for now..
> > >

> > > --
> > > Best regards,