Re: [RT] WHY...Trading Profession?

--- In realtraders@xxxx, Ira Tunik <irat@xxxx> wrote:
> You mention education requirements.  That is what the time spent in
school is,
> that does not make one a Doctor, Lawyer or Engineer.  All that does
is give them
> a degree and the ability to apply for a job that will give them
experience.  I
> certainly wouldn't have wanted my triple bi-pass done by someone
just out of med.
> school.  Because someone has read Gann, Eliot, or a hundred books
on trading and
> can quote chapter a verse all of the theory, does not make him/her
a trader.
> Like every other business, one needs experience and not only in
bull or bear
> markets, but in every type of market.  Ira

Ira,

I agree with all of what you said but I want to add one additional
point; Experience is not enough without continous update of
knowledge, certainly you don't want a doctor do your CABG based on
old information he learned 20 years ago even so he is experienced.

What I want to say, although experience is very important, a
contineous update of the knowledege is a key.

Haytham