Re: [RT] EL Wave / Voodoo

If it was a fund he could  very well have been selling out the money calls against
stock positions.  He probably would have used a volatility study, standard
deviation or other momentum variable to find the options to sell.  He probably did
not ratio write and therefore remained delta long throughout the bull market.  In
the event he was looking to add to a position, he could have sold puts.  If he
didn't get the stock, he at least got the premium.  This would enhance return and
if the stocks were called away there were plenty of others to go to or he could
repurchase those same stocks on a retracement.  He could even sell at the money or
slightly in the money puts looking to acquire stock and pocket the premium above
the intrinsic value. There are many ways to sell premium and not have unlimited
risk.  the biggest benefit he had is that he earned a fee for the money he managed
and participated in the profits on other peoples money.  All supposition, Ira.