Re: [RT] Voodoo/ hoodoo and howdo

> I am sorry, but I have tested most of those things that you say
> work and the evidence is that they just don't. I tested Stochastic
> over many different securities with different inputs and time
> frames over years of data and it just doen't work. The proof is on
> the screen.

I don't think Ira claimed any of them would work in isolation, any
more than you can build a house using only a hammer.  I'd bet a lot
that every one of the successful traders using Gann, astro, hemlines,
or whatever doesn't use that as his ONLY tool, whether he realizes it
or not.  Only 100% systematic traders do that, and there are darn few
of those -- and even then the system is usually a combination of
tools.

I agree stochastic by itself is a lousy buy/sell signal generator.
But it can be used in combination with other indicators to make a
pretty good system.  I suspect the same is true for most things.  You
just have to find something that works for you.

> I do agree about the education, but who will someone
> trust to give them the right education?

Aye, there's the rub.  You can blow a lot of money trying to "save"
money by having someone else teach you, if the teacher is a fraud or
if (more common) the teacher can trade but can't teach what he does.
Or if the teacher teaches a method you can't use or choose not to use
for some reason.

Gary