Re: [RT] Re: An untimely death

On Tuesday, May 01, 2001, 7:13:19 PM, Haytham Albizem wrote:

HA> What I am trying to say, there is no simple way to solve the issue
HA> of trading system:

I was not insisting that it be simple. I was looking for a simple
astro system just as a start, to get a quantitative idea of the kinds
of 'indicators' and logical processes used in astro.

HA> Here part of what I look in my anaysis on a single stock:

<snip lots of stuff>

This is a very large number of items. If you use all of them, how do
you combine them? If not, how do you select those to use for a
particular trade?

HA> FORECAST TOOLS

HA>   1.. FOURIER ANALYSIS
HA>   2.. TIME AND PRICE CLUSTER
HA>   3.. GANN ANGLES AND SQUARES WITH PLANETARY MOVEMENTS AND ASPECTS
HA>   4.. RSI DIVERGENCE
HA>   5.. MACD DIVERGENCE
HA>   6.. CANDLSTICK PATTERNS
HA>   7.. MA
HA>   8.. S/R
HA>   9.. BRADLY MODEL
HA>   10.. PATTERNS
HA>   11.. ELLIOT WAVE
HA>   12.. SUPER TIMING TECHNIQUE

There seem to many non-astro techniques on the list. What is the
relative value of the astro versus the non-astro parts? The non-astro
parts can be quantified easily and checked. What do we check for the
astro parts?

HA> In summery, I look at EVERYTHING and after looking at EVERYTHING
HA> this creat a beutifull picture in my mind.

Yep. 'System' people might call this pattern recognition. They would
ask what steps you do in your mind to make this pattern apparent. This
is sometimes difficult, and people often do not consciously know what
they really do. The 'knowledge engineering' needed to get from a
'picture' to a computer algorithm is very often long and hard.

HA> This is how I trade, I am sorry if I disappont you.

*You* do not disappoint me at all. I may be disappointed that this is
not an example of an astro 'system', but I really DO appreciate your
comments and descriptions. I am hoping we can finally bridge the gap.

Thanks,

ztrader