Re: [RT] Re: Elliott Wave for Tradestation.

One of the reasons that no one has done an Elliot Wave counter for TS is
that most people think about it the wrong way. I am almost certain that
Advanced Get takes a very simplified approach to the EWave count. Teh
pattern either matches the count or not. The program finds the swing
points and measures the distance between them and if it matches the
pattern, it labels it a 1,2,3,4,5, but if it doesn't match the pattern
it just labels it an A,B,C.

Labeling the history that's on there isn't so hard, when it's a choice
between this or that. I suggested to Clyde that he might want to do this
for Swing Machine, I don't know if he will, but swing machine tries to
do something much harder, and that is forecast.

I thought about programming EWave for TS myself but if Clyde does it I
probably wont spend the time. I already have some good EWave tools and
like I said it is history, not the future.

That guy in Perth, AU, made an EWave program that tried to match up
something like 200,000 different wave patterns. Tough thing to do, I
tried his program and it didn't work well for me.

Prosper