Re: [RT] Re: scanning for virus infected emails on RT

> Is there someone know how we can maximally protect ourselves against
> these viruses. Is there anyone on this list who can help in this
> topic?(I am certainly the last one on this list who can answer this
> question.)
>
> Haytham

    I can think of two ways ... 1) have all incoming posts to the group
scanned by
    somebody's AV package(s) before they are disbursed to the group much
like
    my incoming mail being scanned by my AV supplier between ISP and me.  It
    seems strange to me that Yahoo or whoever is managing this group doesn't
offer
    this as a standard part of their group management facility.
    or 2) same as 1) but batch process incoming messages to the group, AV
the batch
    and send it out in digest form several times per day.

    GaryG