Re: [RT] The moon cycle - how strong?

On Sunday, April 29, 2001, 11:24:55 AM, DH wrote:

D> I've been accused of never contributing anything so here's my two
D> bits.:-)

D> As to whether the moon is the "cause,"

I wish we could forget the "cause" issue altogether. That discussion
has gone nowhere for a long time. If I find counting seashells on the
beach is *consistently* profitable, I might wonder why, but who cares.
In actual fact, seashells might just be from a lunar cycle, which
might be from...??? I know I could start an interesting discussion
about how seashell creatures influence the market, but we all know
what will happen with that. :-)

D> I'd be more inclined
D> to look at days before or after options expiration as the real
D> trigger for these somewhat close to monthly cycles.

Good idea. Got a date algorithm to share?

ztrader