Re: [RT] Validity of orbital element

Clyde:

You have put your finger on the misunderstanding
between the two "camps" in this debate, but given the number of posts on
this subject I think it is worth underlining.

Your correlation regarding use of the new moon for
timing might very well be quite significant in a statistical sense.  As you
note, this correlation is strong "regardless of whether the moon itself is
influencing the markets."  Exactly right.  Observation of an
effect cannot by itself prove or disprove a causal relationship.  No matter
how statistically significant the correlation is it cannot prove
causation.  Cause and effect can only be established by a theory that
explains the observed correlation.  So in a very real sense everybody is
right.  At least in the case of the moon, as evidenced by your example,
there is a strong correlation between a body in outer space and
markets, and this correlation might very well be a valid basis for
trading purposes.  However, absent a theoretical basis for connecting
outer space bodies with markets, there is no basis for claiming a
cause and effect relationship between them.

Bill
<BLOCKQUOTE
  <DIV
  Clyde Lee