[RT] Re: COMP: Hurst envelopes

excellent comments! i do all the usual stuff like ewave, gann,
sentiment, volume, blah, blah, but i have come more and more to rely
on two very simple chart-based systems which great trader/benefactors
taught me and which i thought for a long time were tooooo simple and
dumb to be of value. lol

also relevant to your point is a study done by teresa lo based on
random entries on either the close or the open depending on whether
you were selling short or buying long. what she found was that
entries were virtually unimportant. exits were what counted for
losses or profits. i think *that*is fascinating, and i know i
sometimes make really stupid entries and come out well and vice
versa. ;)

finally my personal experience is that a lot of market commentary by
amateurs and pros alike talks in terms of analytical methods which
they simply don't use, but which is a way to talk about whether they
are short or long without giving away their "secret methods". some do
this consciously, but some are apparently unaware they are really
doing this.

td

--- In realtraders@xxxx, Ira Tunik <irat@xxxx> wrote:
> I don't anticipate the market.  I don't try to buy bottoms or sell
tops.   Hurst
> is based upon replication of movement in time.  If there is to be
replication,
> then E is early.  Hurst is not predictive unless you start using
the offset
> moving average extensions as noted in his book.  I have found them,
like much of
> Gann and Eliot, to be dependent upon individual interpretation.  If
price stops
> at a Gann line, it stopped it.  If it doesn't then the next line
should stop
> it.  In Eliot everyone is guessing as to which wave they are in.
There are