RE: [RT] book info--Hurst channels

So
true!   BUT...
<SPAN
class=200003314-26042001>
<SPAN
class=200003314-26042001>Because moving averages attenuate shorter term cycles,
moving average lines accentuate the tuned cycle (if it exists in the data). When
the cycle is fairly regular, the moving average can be extended  with reasonable
confidence.
<SPAN
class=200003314-26042001>
Price
tends to oscillate around its moving average. Hurst channels, extended a half
cycle into the future, define the envelope within which price is most
likely to oscillate.
<SPAN
class=200003314-26042001>
<SPAN
class=200003314-26042001>Projections are seldom perfect, especially at turns of
the channel. But,it sure beats flying blind.
<SPAN
class=200003314-26042001>
Hurst
made the point that the best trades, both in terms of reliability and rate of
return, occur within the relatively straight, trending sections of
channels.
<SPAN
class=200003314-26042001>
<SPAN
class=200003314-26042001>

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Joe Duffy
  [mailto:joeduffy@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 4:48
  AMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [RT] book
  info--Hurst channels
  The problem is the extrapolation is rarely going to be where the centered
  moving average actually is going to be by the time it catches up. Therefore
  your channels are not going to be in the same position. Therefore the
  beautiful job Hurst channels look like they do, is only possiblle in
  retrospect. I am not saying this to denegrate the work in any way. Only to
  point out to those that are seeing them for the first time, that its not as
  dandy as it looks.

  Having said all that, there may be other ways to use them that I don't
  know. A million ways to make $, and I am not denegrating the concept, just
  throwing in a caution.
  <BLOCKQUOTE
    <DIV
    Ira Tunik