Re: [RT] NASDAQ Rhythm

Lenny, Sorry  if I was not clear. I was not addressing at all your
analysis -- but the general concept of minimum times for waves to be
completed.  I spent a lot of time thinking about the concept after I
got burned last year (right after I got that book) when I did't take
a currency trade solely because it hadn't been long enough. My hope
was that what I learned from my blunder might be of help to others.

Chris

--- In realtraders@xxxx, rosow@xxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 4/22/2001 9:20:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> chrischeatham@xxxx writes:
>

> > The problem with min time retracements is the times you are
wrong --
> > opporunity costs.  For my money, I would rather rely on Andrews,
etc.
> > than an arbitrary time %.  Another axiom I added to this line of
> > thinking for myself is that the strongest (or weakest as the case
may
> > be) markets will take the least time to complete waves. So the
ones
> > you want the most will be the ones you miss. Yea, sometimes you
may
> > get in at the end of A instead of the end of C, but that is a
risk I
> > would rather take, rather than missing it altogether.
>
> LR - Chris, where in my post did you get the opinion that if Bonds
move up
> strongly my analysis would completely miss the boat. I stated:
>
> A) That you can play the long side once you feel Wave A is in place
i.e. some
> type of reversal bar and simply put tighter stops on once the 50%
retracement
> has set in. If you are correct & the market is so strong then the
stops
> should not be taken out and you ride out the move.
>
> B) That if the current high of 107-08 is taken out then 110-14 is
in the
> picture for a possible target. I have no problem reversing
positions. I don't
> go for the home runs so this move would be satisfactory to me.
>

> > Also, FWIW based on the 6 mo of Griffiths/Miner performance I saw
> > when I bought the software, they by no means have the holy grail.
> > didn't keep track precisely, but I would think they would have
been
> > lucky to break even or make some small $$.  I have no regrets
about
> > buying the software -- learned some things with its Gann and
Andrews