RE: [RT] .pif files found on my PC

The Windows 2000 Glossary say that when you start a DOS program then
Windows 2000 looks for a corresponding .pif file.   The Glossary says
.pif files contain information for Windows 2000 to run the DOS
program.   With Windows NT and 2000 I don't recall running a DOS
program, although a DOS diskette is still required to update the
computer BIOS.   However perhaps DOS is still used in Windows 98 or
Windows ME?