Re: [RT] GEN: FILTERING OUT BAD TRADES....

Greetings Charles:

As with Norm's comments, I also think that you were asking the right and valid
question.  Last week, I was doing an informal training for a local bank here.
These young dealers are fresh out of their colleges.(They trade spot fx).  For
the whole of the brief two hour session, without any reservation of my
methodologies, I have shown them how to go about trading the 30-minute
dollar/yen. They found my methologies too simple, plain and 'unattractive'.
They started to ask me how to use Elliott Wave, "Time Analysis" to trade the fx
markets.  Later, I found out none of them have ANY exposure to patterns and
lines! On Friday, I went for a visit to some of my technical analyst
ex-colleagues, they related to me that their boss practically buy highs and sell
lows in a triangle in the dollar/yen market. How can that possibly happen, you
may ask? Simply put, this guy makes it a point that his rules over ride the
rules of the market(s). He is the God, not the market....
As with filtering of possible bad trades, I take alot of my time, Elliott Wave
aside, to discern whether the market is on impulsive or corrective mode. I used
to sculp on correctives all the time, which I don't do anymore.  It just doesn't
worth it, IMHO. To me, the thorough understanding of patterns hightens the
probabilities of a successful trade. I have had come across of many
institutional traders and high net worth individual traders, the most common
shortcomings of them, I discovered, is their lack of knowlege in viewing the
market(s) with proper perspective. And proper perspective comes from the
practice of discerning patterns and lines.  Regards.

Have a good one
Jeff Harteam
Hong Kong