Re: [RT] GEN: FILTERING OUT BAD TRADES....

Question number one is whether you are talking system or discretionary
trading. From what you wrote it sounds like system trading. It would be
simple enough to write a line of code that would say, if the day of the week
does not equal Wednesday then trade, but now comes the hard part, can you
program your system to not trade for example when certain reports come out
or when Greenspan is speaking? Can your system take into accout position
squaring before a major report or tripple witching days? If you look back at
the last 50 Wednesdays and they were 80 percent down days you might just
want to filter out those buy signals on Wednesdays. I've been looking at
systems for about 8 years now and my experience is that they all break down
eventually, so my theory is that they all will. When I see someone make a
computer as small as a birds brain that can fly through the air and land on
a twig when the wind is blowing and still avoid getting eaten by a hawk,
then I will be inpressed by computers.

Prosper