Re: [RT] Can you carry a banana in your pocket?

In a message dated 4/11/01 1:03:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
brente@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Silly question, but I and my friend was wondering if the traders are
allowed
 to eat while on the trading floors of the exchanges, or if it is prohibited?

That would be up to a $500 fine on the CME floor, according to my associate
sitting next to me who used to be a member.

I know you can have a bottle of water with you, but that is about it in
Chicago.

No food, liquor, soft drinks, drugs or sex on the trading floors.  Though all
of those rules have been broken at one time or another.

Now what the rules are in New York, I don't know.

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!